This Christmas I want to honor two groups of people who I think go largely unappreciated at Christmas time.
1 - People that drive the snow plows.
It is Christmas Eve today. And here in Utah, we got quite a bit of snow. However, even though the snow has continued to fall since early afternoon, the snow plows have been out clearing the roads all night. This is greatly appreciated, as it has allowed many friends and families to more safely travel to be together (including mine). But what about the drivers who had to leave their own Christmas parties and get-togethers? I give them a Christmas shout-out this year. Thanks men and women for keeping the roads snow free and ensuring a more safe journey through the state of Utah. (Note: I recognize that many people work on Christmas night - policemen, hospital people, etc. and while I greatly appreciate them as well, this one goes out to the snow plowers.)
2 - The Postal Service workers.
Today the newspaper featured an article about what happens to all the Santa letters that the Postal Service receives each holiday season. The article talked about how many postal workers spend hours writing responses from Santa to children around the US. Also, it talked about some postal workers responding not just with a response from Santa, but also with Christmas gifts to less fortunate children and families. This deserves a Christmas shout-out too. Thank you Postal workers for your excellent service in putting some magic back in Christmas and in providing for the less fortunate.
I hope that this holiday season we can think about some of the unnoticed and unappreciated people that work to make Christmas a little better in some simple way. Whoop Whoop to Christmas time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
i love the blog! and i am excited because i am the first to leave a comment on it.
I did not work on Christmas Eve. Boo to me. I like that you started a blog.
Post a Comment