Last night I had a dream that I was doing CPR on someone. I have only really done CPR on one person in the ER and they didn't make it. But in my dream I was doing CPR on someone I really care about. Everyone was standing around and no one was doing anything. I ran over to them all and saw this person just lying on the ground. I listened to the heart beat and there was one, but it was too slow - only about 10 beats a min. I knew I had to do CPR to save the person. I started. I stopped after a little and nothing had changed. I started up again but all of a sudden felt what I can only describe as inadequacy and down right fear. I started to cry and knew my CPR wasn't strong enough. I was crumbling. Then, out of nowhere, some strength helped me put my emotions aside. My CPR became effective again. After a little, the person came back. I could only sob out of gratitude.
I woke up. As I was laying in bed, a thought came to me - "this year, more than ever, everyone needs a Christmas". At first I was thinking about this in relation to Sub-for-Santa, in that I want everyone to be happy and to get presents. But then it hit me (the thought was definitely beyond me) - this year, more than ever, everyone needs Christ. All of a sudden my dream took on very special meaning. There are people that a lying around, spiritually dying, and just needing the saving power of Jesus Christ's Atonement. They need someone to come and save them - to share the hope, power, healing, joy, and peace that comes from the Atonement of Jesus Christ. They need someone to come and help sustain them and get them really "living" again. My dream showed my need to do my part. I would run to anyone - even a stranger - that was physically dying on the side of the street and do CPR immediately. What would I not immediately run to those suffering in sadness or who are just not living a fulfilled life and share the Gospel of Jesus Christ with them? It is such a greater gift, yet I shy from sharing my testimony for fear of inadequacy, hurt relationships, or any other number of reasons.
This year, I know there are people that need the Gospel of Jesus Christ more than ever, whether they know it or not. In fact, I think we all need Him desperately in our lives more. That is because He is the real meaning of Christmas, the real meaning of His life was to save ours. I do know that He lives; that He died for me and you; that He loves us. His Atonement has real power in my life. His suffering was real, and was in part for me personally. He felt my pain and sorrow, but He did it to succor me when I am need. He did it as My Savior and Redeemer. He did it some 2,000 years ago, but its effects still save me today. When He appeared in Jerusalem and in the Americas, His resurrected and perfect body still bore the marks in His hands and feet and side - marks that He remembers me and you still. This season, we must try harder to remember Him. We must love Him enough that nothing stops us from trying our hardest to bring the gift of His life and Atonement to those around us. We must do this because this year, more than ever, everyone needs a Christmas.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Lauren, thank you for sharing your testimony. I needed to hear it. I have often wondered the same thing, why don't I treat my knowledge and belief in the gospel as a gift that I must share? I am so afraid to offend that I forget that sharing such a gift is the greatest thing that I can to for anyone. Again, I really appreciate you sharing that. You are awesome!
Post a Comment