Friday, September 25, 2009

Returning to Life as Normal

Well, August and September were amazing months for trips - 5 weekends straight of trips. But, we will get to those activities of amazingness in a minute. But, first, I want to say that now I have time and will be posting much more regularly. Second, a quick update. So, you know that I graduated. Yes, I now have 2 bachelor's degrees - what!?!? So, naturally, I now work as a nurse. I am officially a Registered Nurse (I passed the nursing boards - yay). Crazy. I get nervous every once and a while to go to work, but feel like I am learning a ton and absolutely in love with it.

Okay, so a couple pics of the past bit.


First Road trip - Friend Bear Lake trip at Adam DeMill's cabin
We did fireworks to celebrate our arrival late at night.



We rode our bikes around the lake. Only 50 miles - but still hard for my little out-of-shape legs to keep with the strength of the boys.




On the way home, five of us got in a rollover outside of Evanston. It was scary - but we all got out fine with no real injuries. The other five in the other car came to our rescue, as well as the ambulance and police. The kind lady in the left side of the pic was our little angel who stayed with us and drove us back to Salt Lake.




Second Trip - Bear Lake. again.
This time with our ward. We rented two condos and crammed everyone on. We boated, swam, saw a play, ate raspberry shakes a few times, and played a lot of Bananagrams.
Here are a couple of the girls from one of the all-girls boating groups on Rach Robbins' boat. Rach Rudd holds that flag so well.




Here is me attempting to wake surf. My new love.




Third Trip - Staying at Adam Demill's G-pa's house in Manti
We four-wheeled around for a couple hours - we went up the hills to this amazing overlook of a canyon.

me, Steve, Amber, Adam, Ben


Then we drove the four-wheelers through town to the rodeo.

Adam, Amber, Steve, me, Ben



We stuck around after the rodeo to play at the fair. We rode the swings. Adam almost killed me by knocking me out of the swing.

Amber, me, Adam, Steve


Can't go to the fair without riding the ferris wheel.

Adam, Steve, and Amber



Fourth Trip - Lake Powell at Adam's houseboat.
This was my fourth weekend with Ben, Steve, and Adam - I think they were starting to get sick of me. Adam's house boat was amazing and we had a blast.
Cliff jumping

Becky and me



A couple of us chillin on the back of one of the boats.

Ben, me, Becky, and Karl


Fifth Trip - Portland and Seattle for Mitz's Wedding!
Got to Portland and got to spend the whole day with my long lost bff Kitty Kat Rosenberg. Then, at night we picked up Meg and stayed up til 3am playing and chatting. Meg and I had to make our bridesmaid dresses for Mitzi's wedding. Here is a pic of us at like 2am showing each other our works of art. Kate just looks hot, like normal.

me, Meg, Kate


Morning of Mitz's wedding at the Portland Temple. A picture of the girls.

Some girl, Tam, Helen, Camas, Mitzi, Meg, me, Kathryn, Emily



Me and Mitzi - She looked incredible!




The hand-crafted bridesmaid dresses. I am proud of us.

Meg and me



So, yeah. Sounds amazing, huh. So much fun. I needed this summer release after the crazy amounts of school that have consumed my life for the past two years. But, now, I have returned to life as normal.

4 comments:

Abby said...

A: What the ROLLOVER?! And what the "Oh, we were all fine." I'm GLAD you were all fine for Heaven's sakes. Someone must have been watching out for all y'all that day.

B:Those dudes you hang out with are HOOOOOOOT.

C: I will never forgive you for coming to Portland and not calling me. Never.

Jessica Whittaker said...

Looks like you have been way busy! Yeah for being done with nursing school. It's a great feeling isn't it. So where are you working?

James and Melissa said...

What an exciting life you lead! I'm so proud of you for passing boards! Isn't it a relief?! It sounds like you had some great trips as well (I can't believe you were in the car and all of you walked away uninjured--more proof that you're amazing!). And the dress you made is beautiful! Maybe we can catch up when we come home for Christmas. By the way, I've met several people lately that know you. Love ya tons!

Jocelyn Pehrson said...

Lauren! You re so gorgeous and so accomplished and so smart! Sounds like you work hard and play hard. You never slow down do you? LOL