Monday, March 15, 2010

I'm About to Get All Churchy on You

I haven't really shared anything church-y on my blog for awhile (at least not that I can recall right now). But, here I go. So, for those of my friends who are not religiously inclined, bear with me as I share a thought that has been on my mind.

In church on Sunday, one lesson was on the Creation. The teacher was talking about how when we learn about the Creation, we talk about a simplified account. We learn that God created man and women - but we don't learn about how he created our bodies. Of course I knew this. But for some reason is hit me in quite a different way.

It reminded me of the physiology and biochemistry and anatomy courses that I have taken, where I really was able to learn how the body works. Which, by the way, is incredible. Everything about the body is just so, for lack of a better word, perfect. Incredible. Beautiful. Everything about it - how atoms react to make cells function, how simple cells evolve to make an human, how organ systems work together. It is quite incomprehensible to my mind how it really works.

And then I thought, God cares enough to create a detailed, complex, functioning body for me. Doesn't that mean He cares enough to help create a detailed, complex, beautifully functioning life for me too? I think He does. I think He loves us enough to care about our day-to-day interactions, to put incredible people in our lives, and to provide us with opportunities to become better, learn, and grow. I feel like we really don't have any idea how involved in our life He really is. And, to me, it is beautiful.

2 comments:

Kimba said...

Oh, I felt the same way! Sitting in my physiology class, I couldn't believe how intricate our bodies were. More so than I'd ever imagined, and I knew, I KNEW it wasn't just chance. It's too incredible.

Jocelyn Pehrson said...

Beautifully said Lauren.