In NYC a couple weeks ago, Megan introduced me to the fabulousness of Missed Connections on Craigs List. Seriously fabulous. If you are unfamiliar, as I was, here is the deal - you can go on Missed Connections and leave a message for someone that you felt you "connected with" but have no way of getting back in touch with. Then the other person can reply and the two can get back in touch.
Megan and I read through many hilarious messages and had the goal to be someone's missed connection the next day. For a couple hours the next day I was alone for a couple hours when D forgot his NBC studio tour ticket and left me to go back to Meg;s apt. While on the Subway, I saw the most beautiful man ever. Light chocolate skin and beautiful white teeth, maybe late 20s. Fabulous dresser - adorable burberry scarf, well-fitting jeans, stylish leather jacket, and nice leather shoes. Listening to his iPod and reading a book. I like to imagine he was reading some classic. I feel like he was my missed connection and was shocked when no message showed up on Craig's List that evening. I feel confident that he would have written me a missed connection message, but probably just didn't know about this fabulous Craig's List section.
Anyways, since returning to SLC, I completely forgot about the hilarity of this section of Craigs List. Until tonight. For some reason, I decided to read a couple for humor's sake. However, they were lame. Very lame. Was it just being with Meg that made them funny? Was it that people from NYC are much more entertaining than SLC people? I don't know.
But. I did find something hilarious on Craigs List in the "Free" section. After a million free couches that are from the 60s and are probably both foul-smelling and bed bug invested, I found this gem. http://saltlakecity.craigslist.org/zip/1560853619.html
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Craigslist is huge in some areas, like ours. I don't think SLC is big into it, maybe that's why. Or maybe crazier people live outside Happy Valley? :) We've found every home we've rented, and I found my job on craiglist, as well as sold lots of things of our own. Love it. Missed connections is hilarious, as is the help wanted section. I think there's also a rant section, which is great.
I think I know that guy--and he's gay. sorry.
Post a Comment