Haven't written in forever. Know I keep saying that is going to change. Such an empty promise. Don't you hate that?
But rather than make excuses and promise I will be better, I am just going to write about something that has been on my mind....
My Life as Media
So, one of my all time fav movies is You've Got Mail. One of my all time quotes from it is "So much of what I see reminds me of something I read in a book, when shouldn't it be the other way around?" I remember hearing this years ago and for some reason, it made me realize how much I want to try to really live my life awesomely. (Hence deciding to start doing triathlons, half marathons, and century bike rides 5 years ago. Also, quitting life in business/marketing to pursue nursing. Lastly, trying to really get to know about other peoples lives and trying to be happy always.)
Anyways. On another note, I wish my life were a musical. Remember how I love music so so much? (Thank you countless number of musicians like John Mayer, Jay-Z, Joshua Radin, Black Eyed Peas, Taylor Swift). And movies. (Thank you You've Got Mail, Love Actually, and Life is Beautiful.) And TV. (Thank you House, 30 Rock, and Friday Night Lights.) My point? I kinda have a large frame of reference for likening these types of media to my life.
So, lately I can't help but realize how so many TV shows, movies, and songs remind me of my life. Whoa. For example. Going to Spin, I feel like I am walking into the show Cheers. Where everybody knows your name. Is it weird that I really am starting to get to know about all the other peoples lives? I really care and like these people. It feels like a family. A biking family. And, I heart it. I have many more examples that I won't share, but here are a few...
My life at church reminds of the movie Groundhog Day. Same faces. Same conversations. Hopefully different lessons being learned? (Maybe not - oops.)
My dating life reminds me of the song "I still haven't found what I am looking for". (Instead, I would like for it to remind me of the excitement and awesomeness of the 2006 BYU vs Utah game, when Harline caught a touchdown with 3 seconds on the clock to win the game for the Cougars.)
My life at work remind me of a Mozart concerto - where the different parts are kinda all the same, but with major changes that keep you waiting for the next turn.
Utah's lack of snow this winter - Like the show LOST. You keep waiting and waiting for Jin and Sun to reunite, but they never do - rather lame jack and Kate, who totally don't deserve each other, get to be together instead. (Just like we have waited so patiently for our slopes to be filled powdery goodness and instead the east coast gets everything we deserve instead.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Oh, Jack and Kate. I still don't know who I want Kate to be with, but Jack appears to be the one right now. LOST! How am I going to live without it?!
Sorry, I get excited about Lost.
Laur, I think your life is like The Greatest Show on Earth! I think you're amazing, and you totally inspire me.
Very interesting blog. I always find it fascinating to see what other people compare their lives to. I would have expected to see some Grey's on your list. Better that U2 song than, "With or without you." I also feel kind of sad that Groundhog Day is your church life movie, as I've always found that movie a little depressing, although I do enjoy it. I feel that our upcoming trip to the big apple will be akin to this years BYU overtime victory over the U. Maybe not quite on par with the Harline catch, but awesome nonetheless.
Post a Comment