Monday, February 15, 2010

"Romance" Movies

What the heck is up with these crappy "romance" movies as of late? Set aside the fact that most of them already bug me because of the unrealistic and unhealthy relationships that they portray. But. They are not even entertaining. I should likely just save my $, but they always look so alluring.

Leap Year - are you kidding me? Did this movie come out by the Department of Travel and Tourism for Ireland? Cause the only thing it did for me was make me want to go travel the beauty and green-ness of Ireland. Besides lacking real character development and being painfully predictable, the story line just... for lack of a better word, sucked.

Valentine's Day - horrible attempt at aiming for a movie like Love Actually. Just because you use 100 actors/actresses with big names, 1.) it does not make them good at acting, 2.) it does not make up for a horrible and cluttery storyline, and 3.) it does not magically create chemistry. Taylor Swift, you almost caused me to come home and erase your music from iTunes. McSteamy, what? And Anne Hathaway, you just make me sad.

However. 500 Days of Summer. I love you. Thank you for accurately describing my life. Tom Hansen, I get you.

2 comments:

Kimba said...

Oh, I loved 500 Days of Summer! We also rented Paper Heart, but haven't seen it yet. Or I mean, I haven't. Apparently Caleb watched it in Oregon and said I'd like it.

Thanks for the heads up on the others. :)

Kathryn said...

AMEN! I was so excited to watch Leap Year to see Ireland...and it was AWFUL! Did you watch the car scenes? It looked like film quality from the I Love Lucy era...they probably used their entire budget to go to Ireland.
Haven't seen the others, but I figured Valentine's day would be smut.